Simple Rules to Managing Your Garbage
Have you ever imagined a world where you can live right in your garage? Well, that dream could come true with just a simple commitment to a weekend’s worth of work. Any apartment for rent in Huntsville AL that doesn’t have a proper waste disposal schedule is not ideal. A poorly managed garbage disposal can bring nasty odor and public ridicule to your living space.
Starting a culture of cleaning
After you get a new home for rent in Huntsville AL, keeping it clean should be at the top of your agenda. Taking cleaning strides from the kitchen sink down to the plumbing works, removing spoilt milk and left-over meals, are all necessary things to do for your apartment. Disposing of your garbage is central to living in a healthy environment. Here are tips and rules for you to get started in creating and maintaining a culture of cleanliness.
- Start by emptying a cup of rock and some ice cubes into your garbage disposal. You can use vinegar ice cubes if you do not have any rock salt. After that, run your cold-water supply system an put on the disposal for about 10 to 15 seconds. This will enable the blades to get sharpened displace any grease that has buildup.
- To remove unpleasant odor, include half lemon into your garbage disposal.
- Look at the items you have in the garage and decide on which ones you no longer need. Decide whether to give them out or sell them.
Rules not allowed:
- Whatever you do, don’t use cardboard boxes for your garage waste.
- Never let hot water get into your garbage disposal during cleaning. If you do, it will melt all the fatty substance and grease, which will then constitute a mess that will become extremely difficult to clean.
- Whatever it is that you do, never put in your hand down the disposal for cleaning or whatever reason.
- Refrain yourself from using any commercial cleaning solution or bleach in your garbage disposal.
After you have cleaned up your garbage disposal, also keep the rubber ring clean regularly by using some paper towel. You can start implementing periodic cleaning, at least, twice or more in 6 months. After that, you should then proceed to maintain your garbage disposal.
Maintaining your Garbage Disposal
Provided that you keep a proper maintenance culture, it is possible for your garbage disposal to last for 12 years, far above its lifespan. Regular cleaning and maintenance can further increase the lifespan. Below are some few things you can do to have that.
- Only use your garbage disposal for the right thing
- Implement every cleaning and usage guidelines/instructions
- Use just cold water before, during and after cleaning
Rules not allowed:
- Don’t place medical waste, paints, oils, rocks, etc. in your garbage disposal.
- Do not use harmful materials that damage or melt part of the garbage disposal.>
Keep your garbage disposal clean, and you would be happy you did.